Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Morgan Art Show

It was great collaborating with the James E. Lewis Museum staff and the artists 
that I worked with in the 70s for this exhibition.

La Manoir

I”ve included an early drawing, “Le Manoir,” from an artist on location in Port Au Prince, 
Haiti for Black Enterprise magazine in the 70s. The pen and ink and watercolor was from 
a series that was published.


Go–action strength and endurance

“Go” is a Giclee print illustrating sports in action. I”ve included a few luminaries in 
the art as well as my son Morgan who is weight lifting. This print is dedicated to his singular 
focus on bodybuilding.


Sartorial style

“The Gathering” is a 2-color linoleum cut print depicting African American in full dress with hats.


Baltimore jazz

“Jazz on the Avenue” is a limited edition Giclee print that pays homage to the musicians and artists that performed on famed Pennsylvania Avenue in Baltimore. Eubie Blake, Cab Calloway, Billie Holiday, Noble Sissle and The Royal Theater are illustrated.



Nelson Mandela prints

I developed several prints of Nelson Mandela. One was a one-color linoleum cut print and the 
second was a letterpress offset print printed on a Line-O-Scribe tabletop press.




Ceramic art

I basically paint on bisque stage ceramics. I have done linocuts and illustrated images on them. 
I”ve also done image transfers using decals printed from a laser printer that become permanent 
when fired in a ceramic kiln.



No comments:

Post a Comment